Untitled Document

Where to go and Who to see

The Veterans' Affairs Certifying Officials are located in the Office of the Registrar to assist veterans and dependents of veterans who are entitled to V.A. educational benefits.


Chapter 33: Esther Molina /Phone (305) 284-6418.

Chapter 30, 31, 1606 and 1607: Esther Molina /Phone (305) 284-6418.

Chapter 35: Esther Molina /Phone (305) 284-6418.

It is the responsibility of those receiving benefits to inform their respective Veterans' Affairs Certifying Official of any changes in their academic career immediately. Failure to do so may result in a temporary interruption of benefits.

Please note that certifications of enrollment are processed in the order they are received. During busier times of the year, the certification process may take longer but will be processed within 30 days of the date you request certification for the upcoming semester.

Checking periodically with the Veterans' Affairs Certifying Official will eliminate oversights that may cause delays in receiving benefits.

Check the Standards of Progress Policy for Veterans in the University of Miami Bulletin.

Overpayments - How to avoid them

An overpayment of benefits will be charged for those courses in which nonpunitive grades (NG, W) are received unless the student presents evidence of acceptable mitigating circumstances.

No benefits will be paid for courses that do not meet school or college requirements for graduation. At the time of registration, please be sure your selected courses meet the requirements toward your specific degree.

Helpful Contact Information

Department of Veterans Affairs website: www.va.gov
Information for Returning OEF/OIF is at http://www.seamlesstransition.va.gov/
Information for Dependents is at http://www.seamlesstransition.va.gov/dependents.asp

Veterans toll free number: 1-888-442-4551
Questions about filling out your application: 1-800-827-1000


Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) is at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp for first time applicants (including Chapter 35), different education benefits, or changing schools and programs
The online application for Chapters 30, 33, 1606 and 1607 is at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/
The online application for Chapter 31 Veterans is located at www.vetsuccess.gov
Yellow Ribbon Grant information and the Yellow Ribbon Grant Application are located at http://www.miami.edu/index.php/registrar/veteran_information/yellowribbon/

Verification of Enrollment

Chapter 30, 33, 1606 and 1607 Veterans MUST verify their enrollment at the end of each month by calling 1-877-823-2378 OR at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/


Chapter 30 Veterans may access Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) to obtain a benefit letter indicating remaining benefits.

Military Withdrawal Information

askUM icon